Public Running Days
Costs and times and Info
Illawarra Live Steamers is open to the public on the 4th Sunday of the month (except December), weather permitting.
Our grounds open about 8:30 with trains running from 10am through to mid afternoon depending on the weather and the number of passengers.
BBQ facilities are available. We provide the wood so all you need to bring is something to start the fire.
We have a limited number of picnic tables so arrive before 9:30 if you need one.
Some visitors like to bring shade umbrellas as we don't have enough covered tables. If you bring one, please limit the size to 3 metres * 3 metres so you don't take up too much room. It can get very crowded.
To keep our grounds nice and tidy, we ask you to place your rubbish in the Big Blue Bin in the car park, or preferably, take your rubbish home with you.
Train rides costing for Public Running Days
- There is no charge to enter our grounds and enjoy our hospitality.
- A train ride (about 5 - 7 minutes) costs per person, irrespective of age.
- There is a bulk rate of tickets for .
- There are no refunds on tickets but they don't have an expiry date and may be used on any public running day.
- These prices are subject to change.
We have clean toilet facilities and a disabled toilet.
A canteen operates providing light snacks, tea, coffee, drinks, ice creams and souvenirs.
require EVERYONE riding the trains to wear enclosed footwear
. People in BARE FEET or wearing THONGS, SANDALS or OPEN TOE FOOTWEAR WILL NOT be permitted on the trains.
Please note that for safety reasons and the comfort of others, ball games may not be played.
If you are planning a birthday party, or have a large group, we suggest a member of your party arrives before 9:00 to claim your spot and set up. We do not reserve sites and have a limited number of tables.
There is a white board at the entrance to our park to indicate where your party is being held.
We do not have Council rubbish collection and our resources are limited so please take your rubbish with you.
If the day is cancelled due to yukky weather or total fire ban we do not run on the following Sunday.
Costs and times
Illawarra Live Steamers grounds are available for hire during the year. Christmas is the busiest period with groups hiring the grounds for Christmas Parties.
Hiring of the Grounds includes: Running of the trains for 2½ hours, use of the Club grounds, BBQs, picnic tables and toilets.
Currently our rates are as follows:
- Minimum Booking fee includes up to 100 people -
- Cost per person to attend over 100 people - per head
- Cost per extra half hour of train rides -
- Cost per power outlet (Urn, Fridge, Jumping Castle) -
- Covered outdoor area with 2 gas fired BBQ's - $50 per plate plus $200 cleaning bond, refundable if you clean the BBQ plates and area.
- Use of Big Blue Garbage Bin -
If these arrangements don't suit you and you are interested in hiring our club grounds, please contact our Secretary to see if some other arrangement can be made.
Please check with our secretary to ensure these prices are correct.
Safety regulation require EVERYONE riding the trains to wear enclosed footwear. Persons in BARE FEET or wearing THONGS, SANDALS or OPEN TOE FOOTWEAR WILL NOT be permitted on the trains.
Please note that for safety reasons and the comfort of others, ball games are not allowed.